X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the desktop icons display on root

Hi,

I upgraded my breezy to dapper by changing all breezy occurrences with dapper in my sources.list, then apt-get update and upgrade, I had several problems but after rebooting with the rescue option in grub I succeed to upgrade...

But I noticed a problem when I tried to change my desktop icon size (in root) the changes are not applied, this feature work fine when I am logged as simple user. How to fix it ?

In fact any desktop changes are applied on root (wallpapers, etc)

Sam.

Re: Changing the desktop icons display on root

/root and /home/samp have the root and samp configuration files, respectively.

If you're logged in as root--God knows why you would want to be, as it's far more convenient to create a launcher for the command
    Code:
    kdesu konqueror
    and browse as root within your user account--you're using the configuration files in /root/.kde. If you're logged in as yourself, you're using the configuration files in /home/samp/.kde
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Re: Changing the desktop icons display on root

Originally posted by aysiu
      /root and /home/samp have the root and samp configuration files, respectively.

If you're logged in as root--God knows why you would want to be, as it's far more convenient to create a launcher for the command
      Code:
      kdesu konqueror
      and browse as root within your user account--you're using the configuration files in /root/.kde. If you're logged in as yourself, you're using the configuration files in /home/samp/.kde
      No changes

The desktop setting on root X session is not modifiable.

Sam.

Comment

Working...
      X