X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Guide availabale

Hi.
    i want to install kubuntu 6.06. my first attemt failed due to hanging of system there was no activity during install so i had to restart my system and to lost my windows system also. no i want to study the installaton guide for 6.06 to see how to install kubuntu in "edit partition table manually" mode.
    hope there would be something like this to guide me.

Re: Any Guide availabale

well that should be exactly the same as normal "mode" except that you'll be able to choose how you want the hard drive sliced up...
    basically, there is just one more step, that's all...

If you need some help with what partitions are - they are effectively mini-hard-drives on one hard drive.
    To boot kubuntu this way, you need to make at least one (preferably only one) bootable ext3 partition. To dual-boot linux and windows, install windows partitioning only PART of the drive then install linux manually adding an ext3 bootable partition

Hope it helps!

Comment

I have used ubuntu 5.10 before it. there it was a little different i think that option i asked. but now i have an idea to after formatting my one drive it will detect it in default automatic mode and i after resizing i shall be able to install the system.
      But why there is no guide yet. Ubuntu 6.06 guide was available before its release also but kubuntu is still missing it i think it would greatly help the new commers. a guide i found is old and for 5.10 version.
      thnx for answering.

Comment

Try this one.

http://www.linuxloader.com/modules.p...howpage&pid=28

Its becoming pretty popular

PDR60

Comment

Working...
        X