This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lockfile/directory creation problem

I have just installed a fresh kubuntu 6.06 on my system, but there seems to be something wrong: At first kde failed to start up completely with some error message regarding the absence of the dcop server. When I tried to fire it up manually it complained about the absence of the .DCOPserver_myhostname directory. When I manually created it all was fine.
    There are more applications with the same problem: when I start a fresh gpg I get the following messages:
    gijs@laptopgijs/:~$ gpg
    gpg: failed to create temporary file `/home/gijs/.gnupg/.#lk0x81247b0.laptopgijs/.7778': No such file or directory
    gpg: keyblock resource `/home/gijs/.gnupg/secring.gpg': general error
    gpg: failed to create temporary file `/home/gijs/.gnupg/.#lk0x81247b0.laptopgijs/.7778': No such file or directory
    gpg: keyblock resource `/home/gijs/.gnupg/pubring.gpg': general error

spamassassin has the same problem:
    gijs@laptopgijs/:~$ sa-learn --ham Mail/inbox/cur/
    bayes: expire_old_tokens: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/gijs/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.laptopgijs/.7777 for /home/gijs/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: No such file or directory

Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)
    bayes: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /home/gijs/.spamassassin/bayes.lock.laptopgijs/.7777 for /home/gijs/.spamassassin/bayes.lock: No such file or directory

Creating the directories by hand (.#lk0x81247b0.laptopgijs / bayes.lock.laptopgijs) results in the applications running without errors, but this would require me to create a directory every time I try to run some application. Does anyone know what is going wrong here?

Re: lockfile/directory creation problem

Can you give the result of this commands please ?
    cd
    ls -la

I think your . will not have write access for your user...
    If it's the case then you should change it like this :
    sudo chmod -R u+w .
    sudo chown -R <youruser> .

Cheers

Comment

Thanks, but I already did a sudo chown gijs:gijs /home/gijs -R, that's not the problem. homedir permissions are drwxr-xr-x 32 gijs gijs, so that's alright.

Comment

An strace of the gpg command shows the following section:

(...)
        access("/home/gijs/.gnupg/gpg.conf", R_OK) = 0
        access("/home/gijs/.gnupg/options", R_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
        stat64("~/.gnupg", 0xbfb52ffc) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
        (...)

the first access call returns normally, showing that /home/gijs/.gnupg/gpg.conf does indeed exist. However, the stat64 call uses an unresolved argument (~ is not expanded to /home/gijs), what could have caused that?

Comment

I just reinstalled my system, which solved all problems.

Comment

Working...
          X