This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my best option?

I cant install Dapper as it hangs on selecting to install at the begining. I can install 5.10 but not to sure if there is an idiots guide to upgrading to 6.06

Re: What is my best option?

It's actually quite easy (perhaps extremely easy) to upgrade to Dapper from a very, very, very fresh install of Breezy (one that you have not tweaked/touched in any way). All you need to do is to edit your sources.list (Manage Repositories in Adept) and change all "breezy" words into "dapper".

Here's a very short, and easy, guide on how to do it (quoted from http://kubuntu.org/announcements/6.06-lts-release.php)
    Upgrading from 5.10
    Users of Kubuntu 5.10 can upgrade to 6.06 LTS over the internet by following these instructions:
    In Adept go to Manage Repositories and change "breezy" to "dapper"
    Click "Fetch Updates"
    Click "Full Upgrade"
    Click "Commit"
    After all packages have installed reboot the computer

If you have a Kubuntu 6.06 CD put it in the drive and run apt-cdrom from the command line then follow the instructions above.
    Btw, which CD are you using? Desktop CD or Alternate Install CD? If you are having troubles with one, you could try the other. Just take note that the Alternate Install CD is for intermediate-advanced users, or new users who aren't afraid to try.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
      It's actually quite easy (perhaps extremely easy) to upgrade to Dapper from a very, very, very fresh install of Breezy (one that you have not tweaked/touched in any way). All you need to do is to edit your sources.list (Manage Repositories in Adept) and change all "breezy" words into "dapper".

Here's a very short, and easy, guide on how to do it (quoted from http://kubuntu.org/announcements/6.06-lts-release.php)
      Upgrading from 5.10
      Users of Kubuntu 5.10 can upgrade to 6.06 LTS over the internet by following these instructions:
      In Adept go to Manage Repositories and change "breezy" to "dapper"
      Click "Fetch Updates"
      Click "Full Upgrade"
      Click "Commit"
      After all packages have installed reboot the computer

If you have a Kubuntu 6.06 CD put it in the drive and run apt-cdrom from the command line then follow the instructions above.
      Btw, which CD are you using? Desktop CD or Alternate Install CD? If you are having troubles with one, you could try the other. Just take note that the Alternate Install CD is for intermediate-advanced users, or new users who aren't afraid to try.
      I have both CD's, thought it was easier to download both of them just in case

Comment

So neither of the 2 CD's worked?
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
          So neither of the 2 CD's worked?
          No but I am going to pop down and buy anew pack of Blank CD's the CD that I have copied 5,10 to is different from the other two which are just budget disks so maybe that is the reason

Comment

Working...
          X