This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root Password Reset

Hey, I'm pretty new to the linux world and kubuntu is about the third or fourth distro I've tried. In all the other distro's I've been asked to set the root password during the install. While installing kubuntu I was not asked this.

Now I am trying to set up drive permissions, update my video driver, install and configure wine, and all that, but it says that i need root access to do any of this. Well, I read somewhere in the forums that it is blank by default, but that does not seem to be the case for me. Whenever I try su in konsole it asks for the root password, and I don't have it.

How do I reset the root password so that i can get my system installed and configured the way that I would like?

Re: Root Password Reset

As we use sudo instead of su and root accounts, you would be using the password of the first user you created:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

Comment

Re: Root Password Reset

Ok, thanks. That helps a lot. Now I understand a little bit of what's going on. I have to say that I'm liking Kubunutu a lot more than other distro's right now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X