This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI Video Drivers

Hi Im haveing the same problem that seems to be occuring to many other users when installing Dapper on a computer using ATI video cards(ATI All in Wonder 9600XT), A blank screen at login. I have read through the other threads about reconfigureing the video, but it did not offer me the option of just using a VESA driver and the set up proved to complex for me,and failed.
    I wondered if the best route for me would be to reinstall breezy and update, as there was no problem installing that distribution. Would you please post an anouncment when there is a CD for download that has fixed this problem.

Thanks in advance and for past assistance John

Have now taken AGP address from windoz and run sudo dpkg and entered corect data for video card( auto detect was correct anyway) was not offered the option to install VGA driver either manualy or on auto. Any other advise I have found assumes a good working knowledge of UNIX, so I am compleatly stuck.
    I feel that software with such serious problems should be an early beta and come with a health warning.
Working...
X