This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drapper wont boot

ok i have a Sempron 3300+, a PC Chips m871g, a gig of ddr400 ram, a wd caviar 80 gb hard drive, and a nvidia geforce 2 agp. now i got it into the menu , but the keyboard does not work. then i just let it run out of time and it starts to install, but it doesnt get far. it gets as far as " Uncompressing Linux...OK, booting the kernel". then it just stops. and does nothing. Can anyone help me please? anyone have the same problems?

Re: Drapper wont boot

Anyone!!?!?! i need help

Comment

Maybe a bad ISO?
      I think you downloaded the Live CD. Try the Alternative version, it's more stable.
      Nevermore! Nevermore! - E. A. Poe

Comment

no its not a bad iso cus ive burned it numerouse times and it works on my laptop, i tried the alternate version. same old problem. also tried installing windows, but had the same problems of it freezing. this is a new build so im thinking that i could have set sometinhg up wrong. could it be that my harddrive is from another system? i did format it so there shouldnt be anything on there.

thanks for the help

Comment

Hmm, when you've had a similar problem installing Windows I'd think of corrupted memory.
          The test would be to run the system from the live disk, when that works it's not a memory problem.
          When you do get the same problem running the live disk then you might be able to pull some of the 1 Gig and try with only a part of it, you could be lucky...

Comment

Working...
          X