X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disk reported full on startup

Hi

I have been doing some experimental work with Kino and my Cancorder and have made some progress. However, kino froze saying it was unable to write to the disk. So I closed everything off and rebooted.

The reboot stopped upon the loading of cups. The boot then went into text mode from which it then reported that my home/root directory had no free space at all and so I can go no further. Is this fixable, or is it a knoppix backup and a reinstall? If the latter is it possible to do this without deleting all data?

TIA

Ian

Ian

Re: Disk reported full on startup

Hi,

You can still try to delete some files or even move the biggest one somewhere else...
    You can find out what are the biggest by "df -h /home"

Cheers

Comment

Arrhhhh! I had thought that there was a problem but the disk actually was full! I was staggered to find that some 50 minutes of raw dv footage was just under 10Gb!

A good tip here. With a live morphix cd I was able to move some files to another partition to clear some space and bingo, the problem is gone.

Thanks for your input.

Ian

Comment

You're welcome, nice to see you solved your problem
        Just one correction on my previous post, the comand to use is "du -h /home"

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X