This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Dapper

I had been eagerly anticipating the Dapper release, and I must say that I was EXTREMELY disappointed. After delaying the release by 6 weeks to ensure that we had a stable platform, to release it with the "Upgrading from breezy uninstalls kubuntu-desktop package" bug is insane. If we're going to gain any traction on windows at all, uninstalling the GUI during an upgrade is certainly not the way to do it.

Is there a reason that we can't fix the dependencies to make sure that this doesn't happen? Worst case, perhaps we should be putting a very large note on the upgrade instructions to let people know a) about the problem, b) how to fix it BEFORE rebooting, and c) how to fix it afterwards. I realize that we have it in the known problems list (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuDapperKnownProblems), but I'd think we should be far more up-front about it.

Re: Upgrading to Dapper

You're right, but is everybody has it ? Because I got it on 3 computers on 6... My amd X2 64bits didn't, laptop with P4M didn't but an older 64bits got it (installed as 32bits) and two P4... Don't understand why sometimes, it's behaving like this...

Comment

Working...
    X