This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock

Hello, I would like to know why Kubuntu insists on changing my PC clock to GMT, and how do I correct this? Some of my work has to do with sinchronization (don't know if it's spelled right), so this issue is somewhat important to me. Thanks

Re: Clock

What happens when you right click on the clock and select "Adjust Date & Time"? It should ask you for a password.
    Then be sure to set your Timezone correctly. Then set your date/time as you want it.
    I'm not sure if it will help, but I have the "Set Date and Time Automatically" unchecked.

You might also want to check that your clock is actually displaying "Local Timezone" by right-clicking on the clock, Display Timezone and choose Local Timezone.

Hope that helps.
    Jucato's Data Core

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
      What happens when you right click on the clock and select "Adjust Date & Time"? It should ask you for a password.
      Then be sure to set your Timezone correctly. Then set your date/time as you want it.
      I'm not sure if it will help, but I have the "Set Date and Time Automatically" unchecked.

You might also want to check that your clock is actually displaying "Local Timezone" by right-clicking on the clock, Display Timezone and choose Local Timezone.

Hope that helps.
      I did all that and still, everytime it set the internal clock to UTC, but I found the answer:
      the file /etc/default/rcS sets UTC as the default timezone, so I did
      Code:
      kdesu kate /etc/default/rcS
      and changed the UTC value to no, and that's it. Thanks Fenyx and Ramses at Ubuntuforum for the answer,and thank you Jucato too

Comment

Glad you found the answer. Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Whenever I install, I always try to make sure that I set the timezone right. Guess I'm some kind of control freak? hehe!

Oh btw, Fenyx and Jucato are one.
        Jucato's Data Core

Comment

The problem is that you're dual booting with M$ windoze, or maybe OS X (I don't know much about OS-X). Windoze setss the hardware clock to your locak time zone. Linux (as you just found) assumes that the hardware clock is set to UT and internally generates the required offset. So if you dual boot, you have to Linux what to do. Nobody tells Big Bill what to do.

Comment

Working...
          X