This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partition

On my windows xp i have a f:volume g:volume H:volume there all useing ntfs, and there empty now no data. There about 10gigs each. was going to convert those three drives to fat32 in windows. Then use this program called partition logic. Is it possable to move those three volumes once i convert them to fat32, and just make them into one volume. I would rather install kubuntu on a 30gig empty drive.wayne

Re: Partition

Originally posted by wfp
    On my windows xp i have a f:volume g:volume H:volume there all useing ntfs, and there empty now no data. There about 10gigs each. was going to convert those three drives to fat32 in windows. Then use this program called partition logic. Is it possable to move those three volumes once i convert them to fat32, and just make them into one volume. I would rather install kubuntu on a 30gig empty drive.wayne
    You mean you want to install kubuntu on the space that is currently taken up by your F,G and H drives?

Then the easiest way is to remove those partitions (with Partition Magic?) and leave the space empty...kubuntu installer should recognize the empty space and create the necessary partitions on it.

Though Linux (kubuntu) can read and write a FAT32 partition you can't install it on one.

Comment

Working...
    X