This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia

(c) Nice work on Dapper. Running very fast on this machine (fast as SuSE 10.1AMD64) The nvidia modules in adept don't work for me, so I got the nvidia download, build-essentials, but it wants the specific kernel source not the generic one available in adept. Is it on the dvd? I just can't find it.
    TIA
    rick
    BTW The same NVIDIA installed on this computer on SuSE so me thinks I just need to find the right kernel source.

Re: Nvidia

the nvidia-glx package will not install for you? You will need to make sure that you have enabled the driver in your xorg.conf, either manually (changing the driver from "nv" to "nvidia"), or by trying
    Code:
    sudo nvidia-glx config enable
    and restarting x (ctrl-alt-backspace)

Comment

Thanks, after editing the file, your code didn't work, Nvidia loads I got glxgears running slowly,but same as suse,soooo,it is the latest card and this is three year distro,I got time.
      rick

Comment

I find that using glxgears, it appears to run slowly, but running it with the -printfps switch will show some fps numbers you can use to compare with if you tweak settings.

Comment

That worked,but still seem very slow.Running about 4300 fps, but it would appear I should be over 12,000 with this setup.
          Abit KN8 Ultra,G-Force 6200 128mb AGP 8x
          Not a gamer,SuSE 10.1 ran the same speed with the Nvidia drivers,so guess I'll post a note at Nvidia.
          rick

Comment

I don't think you can really compare glxgears between distros, at least mine have always differed between them, even given the same driver version. Running a game woulld give more accurate results. My GF 6200 (128 mb ram) on a Shuttle AN35N Ultra (nForce2 Ultra 400, Athlon XP 2700 1GB ram) gets ~3400 after numerous tweaks

Comment

Working...
            X