This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live cd problem

i downloaded the kubuntu 6.06 . then i boot from the cd and choose install or run kubuntu. after that it loads for 2 min with all the "ok" . than when the kubuntu supose to start . my dispaly shuts down (the little light becomes orange) and it write " frequensy out of range try other resolutions 59/95 ".
    i should mention than my Proview display is kinda old. but didnt have this problem with the kubuntu version 5 live cd...
    what now?

Re: live cd problem

here is exactly what it says:
    "" 95.0khz/59.8hz
    frequensy out of range
    try other resolutions"

and i tried other resolution and it didnt work, only the safe graphics mode works but its not cool .

Comment

You may be stuck with the safe graphics mode only until after you run the installer - of course if you don't want to install, you may be stuck with the ugliness, unless you change the display .

ricnmar

Comment

I had the same problem on mine, and I still haven't figured it out. I manually selected 1280x1024 in the installer, and everything works great until the No Liability warning comes up, then I lose video.

I've tried it on a monitor with max res 1600x1200 too, and still no go. I gave up and installed 5.10 instead, I'll upgrade later on.

BTW, what version did you get? I have the AMD64 version.

Comment

the regular version, for normal coputers.

Comment

damn i am so sad... i really wanna start using kubuntu dapper, yet i dont wanna be stuck on safe graphics mode my whole life. and there is no chance i m gonna buy a new dispaly soon.

i can install kubuntu using low graphics mod but i must be sure that there is a way to fix the problem after installing. cuz it will be seriously non cool to use low graphics mod my whole life.

Comment

topic merged, & dupe posts were deleted.
              <br /><br />*temp. hiatus from forums due to comp + net broken* :&#039;(

Comment

Swinger7714,

Have you try the alternate CD?

I think the Live Desktop still needs work and not as good as the normal install.

Comment

dude... the problem is not installing kubuntu. i can use safe graphics. i just fear that i wont be able to solve it afer the installation .

Comment

Swinger,

You can reconfigure X after it is installed... It takes a few minutes because it asks you 107 questions. In a part of the reconfigure you do get to select the resolutions and color depth that you want the system to be able to use.

you need to type:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

then answer all of the questions...

ricnmar

Comment

Working...
                    X