This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Kubuntu 6.06 without internet connection

I will be posting a copy of the new Kubuntu CD to my brother who works with street children in a remote part of Kenya, he does not normally have an internet connection (though his laptop has WiFi, which he uses when travelling).

Are there any specific instructions that I should send him on how to do a "no internet" install, should I send him the 'desktop' or the 'alternate' CD?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: Install Kubuntu 6.06 without internet connection

Originally posted by jeremy
    I will be posting a copy of the new Kubuntu CD to my brother who works with street children in a remote part of Kenya, he does not normally have an internet connection (though his laptop has WiFi,  which he uses when travelling).

Are there any specific instructions that I should send him on how to do a "no internet" install, should I send him the 'desktop' or the 'alternate' CD?

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi.
    From what I can gather, only the alternate cd can perform a no network install.

Comment

Thanks for your answer, are there any special instructions?

Comment

I installed with a Desktop CD a week ago without the internet connection.
        Fresh installs can be done with that. But if you were to upgrade an existing Breezy to Dapper, you need the 'Alternate CD' as it contains all the required .deb's.

The Desktop CD starts as a Live CD, Giving you a KDE desktop with an 'Install' Icon on the desktop. Click on it and Dapper will get installed on your HardDisk.

Comment

That's great, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X