Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.06 installation hangs at partitioner - SCSI issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.06 installation hangs at partitioner - SCSI issue?

Hello.

Today I downloaded 6.06 final, but the installation process won't work here. After I tell the installer that I want to manually set up my partitions, it hangs indefinitely. I attached a screenshot of the installer after it hangs.

I suspect it is related to the fact I'm trying to install it on an SCSI disk - IBM Ultra3 18.2Gb attached to an Adaptec 39160 adapter card. I tried disabling my SATA disks at the bios, and disabling ACPI at both the bios and the boot sequence, to no avail.

Edit: the disk already contains an NTFS partition, primary.

Can somebody suggest me ideas to get around this problem?

Thank-you very much in advance.

Best regards;

Robert.
    Attached Files

Re: 6.06 installation hangs at partitioner - SCSI issue?

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem except I have no special hardware configuration. I suspect it is a problem with the Kubuntu/Qt installer GUI because the partitioner is correctly displayed in the Ubuntu/GTK live CD (I have tried the Ubuntu version to make sure).

Comment

Hi
      I have the same problem with a DELL 8250 with two IDE discs. The partioner shows the hda with its partions but the combobox to select unit is dead and no selection can be made. So what to do?
      Regards Erik

Comment

Originally posted by robert-ja
        Hello.

Today I downloaded 6.06 final, but the installation process won't work here. After I tell the installer that I want to manually set up my partitions, it hangs indefinitely. I attached a screenshot of the installer after it hangs.

I suspect it is related to the fact I'm trying to install it on an SCSI disk - IBM Ultra3 18.2Gb attached to an Adaptec 39160 adapter card. I tried disabling my SATA disks at the bios, and disabling ACPI at both the bios and the boot sequence, to no avail.

Edit: the disk already contains an NTFS partition, primary.

Can somebody suggest me ideas to get around this problem?

Thank-you very much in advance.

Best regards;

Robert.
        Hi Robert, I have the exact same problem with kubuntu 6.06 i386 install on an A64 machine. The weird thing is tho, the 64bit version of 6.06 installs fine.

The installer searches for the drives and if i pick manual partition it does what it does in your screenshot. Then the installer crashes out.

Re-running the installer doesnt make any difference, other than when searching for partitions it will hang at 50%.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by Peav
          Hi Robert, I have the exact same problem with kubuntu 6.06 i386 install on an A64 machine.
          Actually, my machine is an Athlon 64. I wonder if trying the x86 version would make any difference.

My hardware settings:
          AMD Athlon64 2800+
          768 Mb RAM
          ASUS K8N-E Deluxe (nForce 3)
          18Gb IBM SCSI Ultra3 HDD on an Adaptec 39160 controller
          200Gb and 120Gb Seagate SATA HDDs on the nForce controller
          3Com 3C905b-TXM NIC

It's a shame, but it seems the partitioner that is quite broken on 6.06...

Comment

Working...
          X