X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6.06 lts..finally

As a newbe, I have a question about the instrructions:
    * In Adept go to Manage Repositories and change "breezy" to "dapper"
    I have tried this and have not been able to make it keep any of my changes. I select a line and when I click on the "Distribution" it selects it, change to dapper and the second I move out of the cell it reverts to breezy.

I have also clicked on the "full upgrade" which only seems to list breezy packages.

I have also found that trying to install other packages often gives me a "Broken" message.
    I will probably just go in and edit the list manually, but I would like to have the tool work (or learn how to use it). I have not been able to find a working "help" section for Adept, if someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Comment

When you make a change on a line in the repositories in Adept, you have to hit Enter to make the change.

If you add a new repository, you need to click on Add.

Then click Apply to make the changes final.

Don't forget to click "Fetch Updates" afterwards.

Hope that helps.
      Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I've done that except for the cd line. It reads :cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release i386 (20051012)]/

How should it read for Dapper Drake?

Norman

Comment

I think you just want to comment the CD line out. Then it won't ask for the CD and get everything from the Internet. If you want to try that, put a hash '#' right at the start of the line.
          It should look like:
          #:cdrom:[Ubuntu 5.10 _Breezy Badger_ - Release i386 (20051012)]/

Then it will be ignored.

ricnmar

Comment

Thanks, unfortuately I messed things up by trying to update OpenOffice. I forgot I'd changed the repositories to "dapper". Yuck, ended up cleaning everything off and installing Dapper from scratch. dumb

Comment

Working...
            X