X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.06 lts..finally

so any one have tested it?

downloading my copy...just can't wait for this new release!

great job to the team.

Re: 6.06 lts..finally

I will download it this night too
    The Team did a great job and we should appreciate this!
    I hope that finally i would fully move to Kubuntu instead of bugge MustDie(Windows XP) 8)

Comment

I was able to get my system updated to 6.06 from 5.10. I had Ubuntu installed w/ Kubuntu destop also, so I have both new systems on one PC! NICE!

I like the new feel of it all! It is like it has "new car smell!!" It is all clean and sleek and shiny!! New wallpapers and themes - I haven't had much time to really get into it yet though... soon though I will get off work and get to really explore.

Thanks to all Ubuntu/Kubuntu developers!!!

Comment

Do we have to do anything special if we have the latest RC installed, or will the normal apt-get update, apt-get upgrade bring us up to date?

Comment

Regular update/upgrade will do it for Dapper Beta and RC users.

Have fun... Ducks!!
          Jucato's Data Core

Comment

I got my Alternate CD downloaded yesterday night. Can't wait to go home to upgrade my Breezy.

Comment

I've upped from 5.10 to 6.06 this night. Looks good 8)

Comment

I don't know whats going on but I have not been able to burn a working image for awhile now. Right now i'm using an old 5.10 live cd. I have downloaded 6.06 LTS 5.10 and neither burns are wokring for me. I have not problems in the past. I am burning slow and leaving the comp alone. Once disk I burned for LTS seemed to be working. When the options came up I chose "check integrity of disk" but it did nothing for 10 minutes. I rebooted and chose install/run again nothing. Any ideas?

Comment

maybe a problem with the CD Media. Just try to write it with a different make of a CD-R.

Comment

well... i had the same problem too. i just lowered the speed to 8x and the cd was ready in no time

Comment

i've tried severel disks. CD-R amd CDRE. I have used different buning software as well. I have never had this problem in the past. And I know it's not my cd writer. Oh well I will be getting some disks from shipip

Comment

well looks like you've gotta wait then..

but i think there are ways where you can install linux with out the cd. i think a search in google will help.

Comment

I have an old 5.10 live disk. Is there a way to install from that?

Comment

Yes, you can install 5.10 and then change your sources to dapper and then you will be able to upgrade to 6.06. You will need a really fast Internet connection or you will be there forever!

There is a link that explains it better than this... I will look for it and put it up here in a minute!

ricnmar

I found it!

Here is how:

Upgrade information for Kubuntu 5.10 ("Breezy Badger") users
                            ------------------------------------------------------------

* In Adept go to Manage Repositories and change "breezy" to "dapper"

* Click "Fetch Updates"

* Click "Full Upgrade"

* Click "Commit"

Here is where I got it from:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ay/000081.html

Good luck!!

Comment

I know I can update to dapper from breezy but I have a live cd not an install cd. But thanks for trying.

Comment

Working...
                              X