This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Systems - Partitioning

i recently installed from flight 7 and am very happy with it so far. during installation i manually partitioned my HD but qtParted did not give me the option to select reiserfs so i just went with ext3. however, when i went to the next step (i believe it is setting the mount points) it told me it was going to format '/' as reiserfs. that was fine with me because that's what i had wanted in the first place. however, i'm not sure why that happened and it seems a bit confusing. anyone else experience this?

Re: File Systems - Partitioning

See my reply here for a workaround for the lack of a Reiserfs option:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=5273.0

Comment

i don't think you read my post closely. i ended up with reiserfs but it was strange how i got there. it wasn't an option during qtParted but was the selected file system when i was at the set mount points part of the install.
      maybe i'm not explaining it well.

Comment

I read it, but my install problem was a little different but related; no Reiserfs option. So at that point, I didn't continue and used fdisk.

Comment

all i meant was that it ended up that i did not need a workaround. thanks anway.

edit: realized that someone other than ME might read this thread and benefit from your info so it's good to have here even if i didn't need it.
          i might add that for any users that are nervous about using fdisk, give the gparted livecd a shot. it has worked very well for me.
          http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

Comment

I just relaized that my installed Kubuntu Flight 7 also has cfdisk, but I haven't checked if that's available on the LiveCD. If so, then that's another option too. It has to be as root (use sudo), but offers a friendlier interface than fdisk

Comment

Working...
            X