This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 1.4 problem.

I just upgraded to dapper and it works perfect. But I have some serious problem with amaroK.
    When I start it and it tries to find all my music the progressbar stops at 74% and the CPU goes crazy. Ive searched this boards and googled it but with no success.
    Maybe anyone of have had the same experience and know the right cure for the problem.

Re: Amarok 1.4 problem.

One thing that will help possibly track the problem down is to open up a terminal window and run Amarok from there, to see if any error messages show up

I have not seen this problem, but I have a suggestion to help fix it:
    One is to close amarok and delete/move your /home/<your username>/.kde/share/apps/amarok directory. I am guessing that the database is fubar, but I am currently at work so I cannot tell you where that database file is located.

I have not had any lockup issues since I set up Amarok to use Mysql for the database, and am slowly working on a How-to fore that

Comment

ok I´ll try that when I get home from work.
      Great that you are working on a How-to. Beginners like me value them high.

Comment

Tried it but is still wont work. I have found a workaround though. If I generate one folder location each. And then restart amaroK I each time it works.
        But I would really like to know a final sullotion cos this wont work in the long run.

Comment

Working...
        X