X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some questions&problems

Hi,

First of all, thanks for all kubuntu developers! This is what i was searching for!

Because i'm beginner in linux i've meet some problems:

1) Before i have on my pc Windows XP. Later i have install kubuntu on free partition. But now when i turn on my pc, grub allow me to load only kubuntu, kubuntu (recovery), and kubuntu memtest. Fortunately i've made backup of my files from Windows partition. Is it possible to add Windows booting option to grub menu?

2) My pc is widescreen laptop sony vgn-fs115b. Unfortunately i cannot use widescreen resolution 1280x800. Only 1024x768...

3) In the text mode (alt+ctrl+f1 in kde) the text is displayed only in 640x480 part of my 1280x800 monitor resolution. Is it possible to increase this area? The same problem occurs also in Win XP in fullscreen dos text applications...

Greets&Thanks,
    Peter_K

Re: Some questions&problems

That's odd. Grub usually adds Windows to the boot menu. For example, this is at the end of my /boot/grub/menu.lst file:
    Code:
    # This is a divider, added to separate the menu items below from the Debian
    # ones.
    #title     Other operating systems:
    #root

# This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for a non-linux OS
    # on /dev/hda1
    title      Windows XP
    root      (hd0,0)
    savedefault
    makeactive
    chainloader   +1
    because Windows is on the first partition of my first hard drive (numbering starts at zero). Can you go to KMenu > System > Konsole and paste this command in?
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    and then post the output back here?

For screen resolution, all the answers are here.
    Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
    X