This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta 2 install crashes

I have been trying to install the beta 2 version from a CD for a few days now without sucsess. I have encountered a few problems listed below.

Current install 5.10 fully updated, on a Compaq EN SFF 600MHz machine

1. I boot the CD & it runs to the desktop, I select install & it goes through the motions until section 7 whereupon it throws up an installer crash every time.

2. Formatted the HD using a (Cough) M$ disk to fat32 & retried the install al went as before & at section 7 it asked to format the driver etc, Duly done without incident. Upon hte next info screen on installing the software & configs it decides to hang up with no feedback.

3. Reinstalled 5.10 updated it edited the "Sources.list" to point to dapper repositories, then did the Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade. sods law had a power cut half way through but thought I might be able to restart the install.

Booted the machine & it comes up to the command line login, at this point I logged in & did the apt-get upgrade command & it went off & did the upgrade, I see the new Kubuntu loading panel (Looks naff imo) but it comes back to the command line login, tried the "STARTX" but just throws a wobbler & errors back to command line.

What command is it to install the KDE gui as I think thats what is nadged.

Otherwise I will have to reinstall 5.10 & start the apt-get upgrade again from scratch.

Re: Beta 2 install crashes

Hello Druidor,

is this the "Live cd B2?"..........if it is, try the "Install cd", I had the exact issue with the Live install method, the install cd however worked out fine for me............

Will

Comment

Re: Beta 2 install crashes

Just downloading the install cd as I type this message,

hopefully it will woke out of the box so to say just like 5.10 did for me.

Update.

Using the install CD as opposed to the Live CD to install everything went as smooth as silk just need to tweak the little bits that personalise the OS & I will be a happy chap.

Big thumbs up to the Kubuntu developers its looking & running great (Except the grub boot Kubuntu logo the 5.10 one was a million times better)

Comment

Working...
      X