This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dapper makes system unbootable

I would like to warn that the Dapper Beta Live CD makes the system unbootable if an ITE 8212 RAID controller is used and the only hard disk is connected to it. After ejecting the CD-ROM (when shutting down) the screen freezes and when the reset button is pressed, the system will POST normally, but refuse to boot.

This may be fixed by shutting down the power completely and wait for some time.

Re: Dapper makes system unbootable

This is the same problem I have experienced. The install CD will not recognize the ITE RAID controller, but the live CD. Furthermore, it will perform the install successfully. My only thought is that the live CD kernel has support for the RAID controller compiled in and the install CD does not. I have a hunch that when the live CD does the install it is installing a kernel that does not have support for the RAID controller. My thought process is to try and compile a new kernel running under a VM, copy it to my system with the ITE RAID, make the necessary boot mods while the live CD is still running and then give it a reboot.

I will let you know about my efforts in this endeavor.

Pikeman94

Comment

Working...
    X