Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those still having problems with ubiquity (Beta 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those still having problems with ubiquity (Beta 2)

If you are still having problems with the installer during the partitioning step, do as follows:

1. Run the installer ("sudo ubiquity kde-ui" or the icon on the desktop)
    2. Go through all the motions until the step where it asks to pick the disc to format. Write down all the text EXACTLY from the choice you wish to make
    3. Press cancel and exit the installer
    4. Click "run command" from the k-menu and type "kdesu kate /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ubiquity/frontend/kde-ui.py"
    5. Go to the function called "get_autopartition_choice" or something like that (I don't have the file with me to check). Should be around line 754 if I remember correctly
    6. There will be a return command. Delete everything in between the parentesis and type in the name of your disc you have written down before instead. Make sure you put quotes around this, inside the parentesis. Save the file.
    7. Rerun the install program. When it gets to the partitioning step it doesn't matter which radio button you select; the installer will always partition the disc you had put in the file you edited. So then click next.
    8. The rest depends on how you wish to set up your disc. Once you press next it'll say it's ready to install and you should have the busy cursor. Don't mind the cursor looking busy, just hit next and in a few minutes you'll have Dapper Drake on your machine.

I hope in the future the Ubuntu people will confirm if you want the Primary IDE1 disc to have its MBR written over with GRUB. I usually just use my BIOS's boot selector.
Working...
X