X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[boot 2.6.15-21/19] plantage régulier avec reiserfs

Hello,

I experience some problems with riserfs partitions on my dapper.
    For exemple today it was enable to start the system. here is the log I saw...
    loading hardware drivers
    firware_helper[31259]:main:error loading /lib/firmware/mrv8k-b.fw for dev /class/firware/0000:03:00.0 with driver 'mrv8k'
    ... done
    PCMCIA .... done
    manual drivers .... done

fsck.reiserfs for /dev/hda2 exited with signal 11
    bad EIP value

It happen before and I just reboot with kernel -19 and then boot agian kernel -21 and everything fine.....
    but today it was not. So I used the CDROM in rescue (because the recovery mode from HD boot frizen also, and it is impossible to do anything) mode and perform the following :

reiserfsck --check
    No corruption found

Thus, there is a problem isn't it ? I reboot again my computer and everything goes well

In other and, and I don't know if it is in linked, I have an external USB drive with a reiserfs partition on it. When I mount it, the system become totally frozen as well.

Don't know what to do ? Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kernel 2.6.15-21-386
    Kubuntu dapper 6.06
    KDE 3.5
    Toshiba S2450-101
    CPU Intel Pentium 4; 2.66GHz Cahe 512 ko
    Mem 256 Mo
    Son Intel 82801DB-ICH4

Re: [boot 2.6.15-21/19] plantage régulier avec reiserfs

Hi,

I've seen that the beta 2 is out and should solve some trouble with reiserfs maybe you should try. If it's not working, maybe you can open a bug.

Comment

Installed Beta2 with reiser, all is working well for me

Will

Comment

Thanks.

Since I did not install beta 2 cause I am afraid to reinstall all I have done (softwares and so on). I use my computer everyday for work and don't have time for that now.

So I upgrade everything I could. It still does not work for my external usb drive, but I did not had problems on my HD. The question is : Do, by upgrading, I am suppose to lead to a equivalent beta 2 ?

Comment

Re: [boot 2.6.15-21/19][solved] plantage régulier avec reiserfs

By upgrading my dapper I have just installed the kernel 2.6.15-22-386 and i have no problem at all neither with HD or external usb HD.

Comment

Working...
          X