X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.10 upgrade

Hi!
    I have an 5.10 installed on my systrem an I want to know how can I upgrade for the 6.06 Dapper using ADEPT?

Thanks!

Re: 5.10 upgrade

First, are you sure you want to do that? Dapper is BETA TEST software, last week the live CD installer was eating users' windows partitions! This week, will have this week's problems.

However, if you want to upgrade, it's really quite simple. You must edit your /etc/apt/sources.list file to change all the references to Breezy to Dapper. Because the file is owned by root, you must either use the command "sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list" from a konsole, or "kdesu kate /etc/apt/sources.list" from konqueror>tools>execute shell command. Before you do this, BACKUP everything you don't want to lose. Also, you should know that once you have upgraded, it is very difficult to go back because all the libraries will have been changed to newer versions, so don't expect to return to Breezy.

I'm being as discouraging as possible because this is not something that should be done by someone who is not (a)confident of their knowledge of Linux, (b)willing to report the problems that they have while testing the new software, and (c)isn't using the computer with the beta test software to make a living.

Comment

Ok.
      Thank you for your help.

Comment

I would do a
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
        before changing your sources.list

Full instructions here:
        http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/dapper
        Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Working...
        X