This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox and Thunderbird

I was using the FF and TB in Breezy, they are both the latest version, but they no longer work after I copy them to the flight 6, it seems that the libs are not compatible, does anyone has the same problem and what is the fix ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Firefox and Thunderbird

Perhaps use apt-get or Synaptic or Adept and uninstall, then re-install the progs

Will

Comment

You're copying Firefox and Thunderbird...? What files/folders are you copying?
      Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

Uninstall / re-install should take care of updating your libs etc...........

Will

Comment

I download FF and TB to individual folder and extract in there, and I copy these 2 folder to the new installation, I used to do that everytime I install new system and this worked, I only use the gz version no need to install, just extract and run, but now when I click on the excutable nothing happened.

Comment

Did you install libstdc++5?
            Linux is ready for the desktop--but whose desktop?<br />How to install software in Kubuntu

Comment

In Breezy I had FF 1.5 installed (in opt/firefox) When I upgraded to Dapper 6.06 Firefox would not launch. Removing the op/firefox installation (including the hidden mozilla directory containing profiles in my /home) then uninstalling/reinstalling FF via Adept solved the problem. Actually I don't know if the second step was necessary as I did them both together

Comment

I finally apt-get the FF, it works ok but halt regularly, does not hang or crash just pause for a short while then return to normal, but the check for update is disabled, does this mean I can only upgrade via apt-get ? and how about Thunderbird, I can't apt-get it.

Comment

Working...
                X