• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about the dapper 6.06 lts beta

is it working the update?
    is still taking kde away ?
    sound? hardware?
    i would need to configure all my computer again after the bad flight 6 experience,
    reconfigure and re install all in brezzy and wait to june or is it working dapper?
    yhotg<br /><br />--------------<br />dibl&#39;s Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs

Re: what about the dapper 6.06 lts beta

Hi yhotg

Kubuntu Dapper has been working moslty fine for me for the last month, so I can't day much about the beta. I love the Add/Remove programs interface to Adept in the beta. The software update system tray applet has been working for a long while now.

Having said that, by all means wait for the final releaseif you have been having issues.This software is out there for testing right now (sending bug reports, etc). If you don't plan to do so, please wait for the final release.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lmilano
      I love the Add/Remove programs interface to Adept in the beta.... Having said that, by all means wait for the final release
      I would take his advice and wait for the final. A lot of us can't get Adept to work at all, though Synaptic and the apt commands are workable substitutes.

(AMD64 - "normal" install CD)
      Specs:&nbsp; Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Originally posted by 3vi1
        Originally posted by lmilano
        I love the Add/Remove programs interface to Adept in the beta.... Having said that, by all means wait for the final release
        I would take his advice and wait for the final.  A lot of us can't get Adept to work at all,  though Synaptic and the apt commands are workable substitutes.

(AMD64 - "normal" install CD)
        Quite true, Adept is evolving a lot, changing too much (see the cool screenies above) to be stable. I use synaptic most of the time. The update is running great though ...

Comment

Working...
        X