This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard layout on flight 6

I'm testing Flight 6 on a new computer and I have encountered some problems.

The computer :

AMD 64 3800+ Dual core
    K8N Neo4 Platinium
    2 GB DDR 400
    SATA2 200 GB
    6600 GT PCI-E

Dapper version :

Flight 6 AMD64 Install CD

Booting the CD, I got the Install menu. I want to install a system in english with french keyboard.
    Pressing F2 I check the system language : English, ok.
    Pressing F3 I set the keymap to French.
    Pressing F4 I pick 1024x768x16 for vga.

Then run the install (Install to the hard disk).

First screen asking me for language for the final system : I leave the setting to 'English'. Choose location, I set it to France.

No error, network set successfully.

Then I'm asked for hostname which is by default : ubuntu. Here I can see the keyboard is still in english.

I tried a dozen times at least to reinstall everything I cannot set the keyboard to french (except if I set the whole system to use french).

On the hostname screen, there is a 'Go Back' button, I thought I may give it a try. Pressing it. It takes me back to Network configuration. I do not change nothing here since it was okay and press again the 'Go Back' button.
    I'm on the 'Ubuntu installer main menu' which features a long list starting with : Choose language, Select a keyboard layout, etc.

Ok I try 'Select a keyboard language'.

A 'Configure Network' page now pops up. Then hostname screen again. If I try to go back again, same thing. The menu shows the list of operations it will perform but apparently it doesn't allow users to go back modify something. If you try, you will go back to the step you just left.

The funny thing is I did succeed the first time I installed Flight 6. Had the system in english and the french keyboard and afaik I did exactly the same choices during install. My error was to try Suse 10.1 RC1 then decided to go back to Dapper...

Suggestions welcome.

Re: keyboard layout on flight 6

Maybe you can install it in english with english keyboard and then go in system settings > Regional and accessibility > keyboard layout and set it to french.
    It should work

Comment

This works only for X.

I guess I have to wait for another version fixing that bug.

Comment

this might be your solution:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...sg2323#msg2323

Comment

Working...
        X