This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Font Installation Problem: Please help!

I am trying to open a .ttf_ file (notated this way) in Kubuntu, but while it does install, it does not open. That is, I can see it in the font list, but the icon is not colored, and it does not display in any programs.

Can anyone help me with this?

PS Would a Mac formatted font be likely to work any better?

Thanks much.

Re: Font Installation Problem: Please help!

My truetype fonts all have names that end with "*.ttf" (no underscore at the end). I suspect that you encountered a problem when downloading the fonts. I would try to reinstall the packages. You DID install these with the Ubuntu packages didn't you?

Comment

Hi,

Thanks so much for responding.

These fonts are special ones that someone I know created and sent to me. They are formatted separately for Windows and Mac (not sure this matters though), and we're trying them out on Linux to see if they'll work with this OS, too.

Since I posted I realized that I can get this font to display for systems settings (eg. on the desktop, menus, etc), but never in Open Office, or other applications. Any ideas about how to effect this?

BTW, I'm a newbie, and while I'm reasonably capable in Windows troubleshooting, Linux is new to me.

Comment

Just to have that mentioned as well:

Did you actually "install" those fonts, e.g. by means of [Alt][F2]kcmshell kcmfontinst ...?

Comment

Working...
        X