This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updated this morning--lost Opera

I saw the update icon this morning and proceeded to update.
    I have now lost Opera.
    I went to Automatix2 and it said that Opera was available to install. Cliked on it
    Nothing.
    Also can no longer access data files on cd.
    What's up?
    (kubuntu 6.06.1)
    (EDIT)
    In messing around trying to solve this I notice that in the Terminal , when I type "CD" I am shown as
    jan@jan-desktop:~$
    I believe that typing cd is supposed to return me to my home terminal and surely this is not my home terminal.
    How do I correct this?
    Thanks

Re: updated this morning--lost Opera

What about apt-get opera ??

cd--no idea.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

UPDATE
      I posted also on the Opera forum and got answers to both questions.
      The installation of Opera 9.2 eliminates the previous Opera; so if the installation fails for any reason you no longer have the original one.
      (this is posted using Opera 9.20)
      My question about the terminal prompt was a reult of my confusing "desktop" as the name of my computer and the folder "desktop". My stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by senorian
        In messing around trying to solve this I notice that in the Terminal , when I type "CD" I am shown as
        jan@jan-desktop:~$
        I believe that typing cd is supposed to return me to my home terminal and surely this is not my home terminal.
        How do I correct this?
        the 'cd' command (without any options given) will take you to the home directory of the current user. '~' means the same thing as /home/<username> (or /root if you're in a 'root terminal')

Comment

Working...
        X