This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling laptop-mode at Boot

I was hoping to use laptop-mode to set my hdparm -B settings. Setting it to 255 quieted my hard-drive down significantly from all the clicks and pops it was making from spinning up and slowing down too often. Anyways, I was able to do it using the hdparm.conf file but I would rather have the settings in laptop-mode.conf do the trick so I could gain all the other benefits that laptop-mode gives. Unfortunately, the process will not start even though I've tried enabling it in the Systems Services frontend, but nothing seems to get it started.

I was wondering what I could be missing, if anything and also if it's worth having this enabled. I Googled and came up with some things that said laptop-mode can be buggy and I wasn't sure if it was worth doing. I guess I'm also hoping to make some more sense out of that run-level editor because so far, the things that I enable don't seem to be starting with the machine. I tried enabling other services that don't seem to work either so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
Working...
X