Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS2 Mouse Wheel stop working after being disconnected... and reconnected ;o)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 Mouse Wheel stop working after being disconnected... and reconnected ;o)

A few search on Kubuntun and Ubuntu forums didn't came out with such a problem thus I though I might ask here. Thanks for the help.

Problem: PS2 Mouse Wheel stop working after being disconnected... and then reconnected ;o)
    I can use the mouse normally, pointer, buttons and the wheel until the mouse get disconnected (it's a laptop I carry around, sometime the mouse just fall and get disconnected) then, after I reconnect it of course, the mouse wheel stop working (even though it can still be used as the middle button)

Present Fix: reboot the machine
    Would like to learn a better one!

Instllation: Dapper Drake on a Dell Inspiron 4150 [laptop]
    Mouse type: Logitech (not optic) 3 button (the 3rd one being the wheel)

Thanks!
    Stef

Re: PS2 Mouse Wheel stop working after being disconnected... and reconnected ;o)

Originally posted by stefatty
    Present Fix: reboot the machine
    If my gut feeling were right, restarting the X server (e.g. by [Control][Alt]Backspace]) should prove sufficient ...

Comment

Re: PS2 Mouse Wheel stop working after being disconnected... and reconnected ;o)

Originally posted by penguin.ch
      If my gut feeling were right, restarting the X server (e.g. by [Control][Alt]Backspace]) should prove sufficient ...
      Thanks for the quick reply...
      But I'm afraid it does not solve the problem.
      Any othe Idea?

Comment

Get some duct tape ;P

But seriously, why not use the built in pad thingy? (Is there one?)

Maybe try finding a USB-PS/2 adapter and use that? Or a USB mouse?

I don't know what to say cept ctrl+alt+backspace, and that doesn't work it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by stefatty
          But I'm afraid it does not solve the problem.
          Surely not - but if it were causing any significant change in your mouse's behaviour, this would help narrowing down the source of your trouble (a form of factor elimination, so to speak ...).

Comment

Found REAL fix: unload/reload the mouse module
            Code:
            sudo modprobe -r psmouse ;
            sudo modprobe psmouse
            Hope it can help someone else short of ducktape!

Thanks anyway everyone for your help,
            especially for the duck tape tip :P

Comment

Never doubt the mighty Ductape! I once used it instead of a bandaid :P

Comment

Working...
              X