This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I change the screen resolution?

I'm using 6.06 as a Live CD, with an LCD monitor set to 1152X864 resolutuion.

When KDE loads, the desktop is too big for the screen. How can I reconfigure it to fit properly, so everything in the taskbar is visible?

Also, can the settings be saved in DapperDrake on a USB for use in future sessions?

Re: How can I change the screen resolution?

Kmenu
    System Settings
    Display

Did you try that?

I doubt (but don't know for sure) you will be able to get much adjustment if you don't have your video drivers installed. Kubuntu Dapper comes with plain jane vid drivers. The real drivers for video cards are proprietary and don't ship in the set up.

You might try this page for your drivers:
    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_dapper

Comment

I've had a similar problem in that I wanted to change my screen size. The old KDE native randr applet for doing just that was nowhere to be found, so I had to download the corresponding gnome applet. It works fine now, but no good for a live CD setup...

Anybody know what happened to randr
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

To change the screen resolution, click on the K-menu and then in System Preferences.

Select the screen and monitor option, select administrative mode, adjust.

To be able to save your settings while using the live-cd, see :

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Li...t=%28livecd%29

BTW, I don't feel like *Ubuntu is a great Live CD distro. I usually use Knoppix for that purpose, it loads way faster, has much more programs preinstalled (specially tech and system bits), has a better hardware detection system and runs fine with 128 Mb of RAM.

Uh, did I mention Klick integration?.

Be careful, it's not near as novice-friendly as Kubuntu.

Javier.

Comment

Originally posted by toad
          I've had a similar problem in that I wanted to change my screen size. The old KDE native randr applet for doing just that was nowhere to be found, so I had to download the corresponding gnome applet. It works fine now, but no good for a live CD setup...

Anybody know what happened to randr
          krandrtray is still in default installation - open konsole and type krandrtray or press alt+f2 and type krandrtray there

Comment

Wicked news, klerfayt! I've been searching the menus, abused katapult, cursed at adept, screamed at the Ubuntu forum and all to no avail - yet there it is.

Strange they've taken it out of circulation, though. Surely not only hidden features are good features
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
            X