This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardrive problem

I am new to linux so i dont now how this is done.
    I've put a new hardrive in my kubuntu box, but I cant mount it.

When I "fdisk -l" i se the disk as /dev/hdd 41,1 GB 255 heads and so on.

I also se it in the "Disk and filesystems gui" when I try to mount it there it says
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    An error occured while enabling testMount.

The system reported: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd

missing codepage or other error............and so on.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It works fine in a windows machine, I think its a fat disk but I'm no shure. What i try to do is to format it with the linux machine.

Annyone now what the problem could be?

kritro

Re: Hardrive problem

You should revert to the graphical partition editor GParted (available trough Synaptic or Adept as well as in the form of a separate live system) in order to get this sorted out.

Comment

I was never able to mount a drive with the System Settings GUI, I have to edit my fstab file.

This page:
      http://psychocats.net/ubuntu/index
      has 2 how tos. One is to mount a windows drive (vfat or ntfs file systems) and one to mount a linux partition.

Comment

Originally posted by podunk
        I was never able to mount a drive with the System Settings
        That's kind of strange, for this is merely an interface to the file system table (/etc/fstab) - sorting as well as labeling the relevant stuff, however, partially different from the original table (which I regard as some Kubuntu folks' vexed quirk ...)

Comment

Working...
        X