This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative Vision M

Is there a way to make the Creative Vision M work under Dapper? A search through the forum suggests it is possible under Feisty, but my system is really stable now, and I don't want to switch to a testing OS.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Re: Creative Vision M

Nobody knows whether the instructions for feisty will work in dapper?

Comment

You need Amarok 1.4.4, which does not build in Dapper due to library (in)compatibilities

Comment

Would it be possible to also upgrade the required libraries?

Comment

you could, but that would possibly, which looks to have its own possible downfalls break some of your other software, let alone break adept's ability to update and maintain your system. I suggest playing with Edgy on a livecd to see how it works for you for a while, then install it if it runs ok for you, either using that livecd or the alternate install cd after backing up your home directory files.

Or try an upgrade, which looks to have its own possible downfalls

Comment

I was afraid of that. I did indeed try edgy when it first came out, but I had so many things not working, that I re-installed dapper. I should explain, this is an older Micron laptop that I built for my granddaughter to use. I was hoping it would be easier to continue with Dapper, since everything on the laptop works so well with it.

Thanks
            Dan

Comment

Working...
            X