This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Host only sends/prints @PJL commands

I used System Settings> Printers to set up my Brother hl1240 laser printer. I use the foomatic hl1250 (as recommended). I go through all the steps ok and it prints out test page during the setup wizard and I finish. But, when I try to send somthing to the printer ( a remote cups server) all it will print is the same test page. No matter what I try to print, it prints the same thing.
    Any ideas?
    lynch

Re: Host only sends/prints test page

open a konsole and write
    sudo kcontrol

see if you can set the printer up system wide from there ...

Comment

The printer is not attached to the Kubuntu PC.
      The printer is a remote cups server connected to another pc ( running Suse 10) on my home lan. All other PCs print to it just fine; the one I have Kubuntu installed on just sends a test page, which is a copy of the printer options. No matter what I try to send to the printer from the Kubuntu PC, it prints out this same text file.

Comment

The test page looks like this:
        Code:
        -12345X@PJL
        @PJL JOB NAME="Ghost"
        @PJL SET ECONOMODE=OFF
        @PJL SET..........
        ...........12A12A10oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        The last string changes each time and there are more lines preceded by "@PJL SET" but for the sake of brevity, I only show a couple.
        I really would like this Kubuntu install to be able to print properly over my network.
        I try to get help at linuxprinting.org today but, would'nt you know, the site is down. >

Comment

Re: Host only sends/prints printer commands

Someone at linuxprinting says these are the printer commands being printed out each time-not the test page. No further help from there.
          lynch

Comment

Working...
          X