This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard not working

My keyboard has been working great with Dapper Drake, until recently.  I know it is connected because it allows me to login to KDE, but then when KDE comes up, my key presses do nothing.

I've seen a couple of other posts with exact the same problem and none have satisfactory answers to them.  I'm guessing it's due to the latest upgrade packages?

Thanks in advance for your help!  I would really appreciate whatever suggestions you can give that might point me in the right direction.

Re: keyboard not working

FYI - I found a question with similar KDE symptoms on LinuxQuestions.org. The "slow keys" option had been turned on for that person and the time set very high. I'll check that when I get home tonight.

("slow keys" is in Regional & Accessibility/Keyboard Filers)

Hope this helps someone else. :-)

Comment

"Slow Keys" it was! I don't think I ever would have figured it out without help on the web.

Comment

This just happened to me as well. I figured out via this thread.

There should be some kind of warning when this happens - maybe every time you log in, there should be some kind of a warning that you can turn off.

This is our family machine and I suspect my 4 year old was playing around.

Comment

Working...
        X