This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Adept

Ok, so I download the packages for Kubuntu in Adept and then I try to install them and it says that not all of them could be installed and some were damaged. I have tried to fix this problem but I am very close to reinstalling Windows XP on my laptop if I can't get this resolved.

P.S I am considering partitioning a 10 Gig Hardrive to run both Kubuntu and Windows, can this be done? If so, which OS do I install first?

Re: Problems with Adept

Originally posted by GIJOE
    Ok, so I download the packages for Kubuntu in Adept and then I try to install them and it says that not all of them could be installed and some were damaged. I have tried to fix this problem but I am very close to reinstalling Windows XP on my laptop if I can't get this resolved.
    The first thing to do is to check your repository list /etc/apt/sources.list
    Here's a short howto and a good basic sources.list:
    http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/sources
    You can also create your own with the source-o-matic:
    http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic

P.S I am considering partitioning a 10 Gig Hardrive to run both Kubuntu and Windows, can this be done? If so, which OS do I install first?
    10 Gigs is not an awful lot to install two modern OSs, default kubuntu install will need a 2-3 Gig minimum (which doesn't leave much room for your personal files), and I have no idea what a windows install (with service packs) needs these days.

But I think it can be done. To avoid extra hassle, install windows first (to a 5 Gig partition?) as windows will overwrite the mbr, making access to previous linux installations tricky. Kubuntu installation OTH should pick-up your existing Win installation and after installation give you a nice menu at boot where you can choose which you wish to boot.

Comment

Working...
    X