This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USB Sticks always automounts after upgrading to 3.5.5

After upgrading to KDE 3.5.5 all my USB Sticks as well as any externel hotpluggable storage devices are always automounted.

I explicitely turned automounting off using KDE's property setting dialog / Mounting-Tab for the individual devices .

Regardless what I specify there, the devices end up mounted as soon as they are detected.

With some external devices you are not even able to unmount them manually anymore.

All was well with KDE 3.5.4

Anyone experiencing the same problem or even having a solution ??

cheers

Re: USB Sticks always automounts after upgrading to 3.5.5

I had the same problem, though with an edgy installation. The following might
    help you, at least it solved my problem:
    • Deinstall ivman, as it automounts some detected media (CDs in my case) as root, so you can only unmount them using sudo.
    • Stop KDE from automounting any device it is made aware of by hal, by editing /usr/share/services/kded/medianotifier.desktop so that the two lines close to beginning of the file read:
      Code:
      X-KDE-Kded-autoload=false
      X-KDE-Kded-load-on-demand=false

I hope this helps,
    Felix

Edit: I forgot to mention that this of course renders the media:/ thing unusable. Something I can live with as I never saw the benefit of it anyway.
    Edit: Changed mediamanager.desktop to medianotifier.desktop. This way media:/ is still working and
    one gets rid off automounting.

Comment

Working...
    X