This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI

I tried doing everything the Ubuntuguide tells me to in regard to installing ATI drivers. No go. what's the easiest way to get the FireGL or XGL ATI drivers running?

Re: ATI

Follow the instruction in the link to install fglrx driver for ATI card.
    There is two methods one were u use apt and one were u download it from ati.
    But be aware even though I managed to install it I am having some problems with shuttingdown the computer through kde. There is a lot of people that is having the same problem.

http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide

Comment

Re: ATI

I am a newbie on Kubuntu in particular and Linux in general - <2 months. I have an ATI X1300 Powercolor card in my system. I went all over the web and nothing worked for me - your card might be a different scenario. Where I am at now...

First I found this command in Ubuntu Unleashed:
      sudo apt-get install xorg-driver-fglrx fglrx-control

This downloads and installs some software. Next I went to the xorg.conf file in /etc/x11 and modified it as root with Kate. I found the section that read:

Section "Device"
      Identifier "ATI Technologies, Inc. ATI Default Card"
      Driver "vesa"
      BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
      EndSection

and changed the Driver "vesa" to Driver "fglrx" & save file.

Reboot

Open Konsole and typed:
      fgl_glxgears

You should see a flash animation displaying a box with three colored gears turning.

I am still working with this - I have noticed when I change the screen resolution it borks my 3D and the fgl_glxgears applet will not run any longer. The only way to recover was to wipe and reload the OS. I'm open to any fixes on this! Mine works as long as I keep the native resolution.

Comment

Working...
      X