This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech (Dell) Cordless iTouch Keyboard

I just did a fresh install of Kubuntu 6.06 yesterday. Thus far, I am extremely pleased with my "conversion" from Ubuntu/Gnome, which I have been using quite happily (save for a bit of application envy vis-a-vis Kubuntu/KDE) for well over a year now.

The exact same machine and equipment worked flawlessly with Gnome/Ubuntu and this is, for the most part, true of KDE/Kubuntu. I do, however, have two strange and annoying behaviors (perhaps related, perhaps not) with my Logitech (Dell) Cordless iTouch Keyboard in Kubuntu that did not exist before:

1. The left SHIFT key does not work (i.e., with the left SHIFT key pressed, letters still come out in lower case) but the right one works just fine. I have already checked the keyboard settings to make sure that there is no strange option checked in the Caps Lock/Shift settings. I really need the left shift key since I am a touch typist and am just so used to having it there.

2. I added a French keyboard layout and everything works as it should, but I am unable to switch from one layout to the other using ANY of the various keys or key combinations offered in the Settings dialog. I should perhaps note that the same settings when used in Ubuntu worked flawlessly. I am able to switch from one layout to the other by clicking on the flag icon in the tray but this is a needless waste of time.

Any thoughts? My first instinct is to reinstall xkeyboard, but would like some input and/or other suggestions. Could there be a hardware compatibility problem specific to Kubuntu/KDE? I can't imagine.

Oh, by the way, I have already selected my keyboard model in the Settings panel (down to the exact model number).

Thanks,
    Evan

Re: Logitech (Dell) Cordless iTouch Keyboard

Just an update. Problem #1 (left SHIFT key not working) appears to have "healed itself." Could have just been a bizarre OpenOffice bug since that's what I was working in last night.

Problem #2 is still outstanding, so if anyone can help...

--Evan

Comment

Working...
    X