This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Another Sound Problem

I recently installed Kubuntu today and so far I'm really enjoying it, especially since my wireless actually works with this distro heh. Anyway I just can't seem to get sound working, it looks like the driver is running and functioning but I have no sound. My Driver is snd_hda_intel.

Code:
    lsmod |grep snd
    snd_hda_intel     18964 1
    snd_hda_codec     157616 1 snd_hda_intel
    snd_pcm_oss      53664 0
    snd_mixer_oss     18688 1 snd_pcm_oss
    snd_pcm        89864 3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
    snd_timer       25220 1 snd_pcm
    snd          55268 8 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
    soundcore       10208 1 snd
    snd_page_alloc     10632 2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
    lspci
    0000:00:1b.0 0403: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Code:
    I added this line to alsa-base, due to the fact thats all I have to do in Ubuntu Dapper to get my sound to work.
    /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base
    options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1 model=laptop-eapd
    Code:
    Anyway I restarted, but still no sound. Anyone have anymore ideas?

Re: Not Another Sound Problem

Have the same chip as you do in this HP laptop. I have weak output sound (about 1/5 the levels I had when MSXP was on the computer) and no sound input. I have a feeling it's now a well known issue. I'm surprised that you don't have any sound at all.

One thing to do is check your kmix and turn all output levels to max. Then many of the kde apps have sound level adjustment on them, again turn them to max. Hopefully you will get some sound output.

Good luck.
    --<br />wishing you well

Comment

Re: Not Another Sound Problem

I actually managed to figure it out abou the next day I posted this lol, all I had to do was unmute the External Amp in the alsa mixer heh.

Comment

Working...
      X