This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoundBlaster Live not blasting

Hi guys, i recently installed Kubuntu 6.06 and manage to configure almost everything as it should work, but i cant make this Sound Blaster Live Value start working. I know the card is "installed" cuz i can hear my voice when i use the microphone, but i can hear any sounds from amarok, or KDE, or mozilla, nothing. Just the microphone.

Reading in internet i found that this problem is common, and it happens when u have 2 or more sound cards on the system. The other card i havce is an integrated one that i dont want to use.

I have this problem in Genome (in 5.04) but i manage to solve it just by saying Gnome to use the SB card intead the default one ¿Is there a way to do the same on KDE?

Re: SoundBlaster Live not blasting

Hi
    check the plug to your external speakers.
    See if you plugged it into the sound in jack.

I had to set up a PC for friend and I had to nock down my PC
    and when I set it back up I plug it into the sound in jack and NO sound,
    then plugged into the sound out jack and I got sound again.

Good Luck

Comment

Can you disable the onboard sound in your BIOS?

Comment

I have the same problem. I get no sound out, but I haven't had a chance to check it with a mic...I even disabled the on-board sound card in the bios...no help. Kmix sees the card and identifies it correctly, but there is no sound. I'm pretty frustrated.

Any Suggestions?

-Matthew

Comment

I posted a solution to this on the German ubuntuusers forum...

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/goto?post=180134

and

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/goto?post=179959

HTH!

Comment

Exact same problem for me. Can anyone translate the german? I don't like typing things into my console without knowing what it means/does. My system recognizes the SoundBlaster card under the CA0106 as "Live! 7.1 24bit [SB0410] at 0x9000 irq 209" I did actually have a song playing under Amarok earlier but after I restarted once I can't get it to do it again. And yes, everything is plugged in and turned on.

UPDATE: I ended up going into my system bios at startup and disabling the onboard sound card and everything worked fine after that.

Comment

Working...
            X