X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound garbled in Kubuntu

Hi

I have installed Kubuntu and everything seemed to work fine, however some of the applications have gabled sound. I have installed Gcompris and Childsplay and both exhibit the same problem. It appears that the sound is running several times. For example, both programs run music in the background but it seems that the tunes are running a number of times and are slightly out of sync. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I have tried the following audio devices Autodetect, Open Sound System, ALSA, and Threaded Open Sound System. When I test after the sound system restarts, I have the same problem. Any help appreciated.

Regards and thanks, gkw

Re: Sound garbled in Kubuntu

try via adept or synaptic reinstalling alsa-base ...

Comment

Are these SDL apps? I know when I tried quake 2 on mine the sound was really bad because the alsa layer of the libsdl1.2debian-alsa doesn't handle oss very well. If the app is oss based with SDL, then you will need to go into adept and install libsdl1.2debian-all. I would recommend doing that anyway just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Hi

I tried both of these and the problem persists. It sounds like the background music is playing several times at once.

Regards

Graeme Kiyoto-Ward

Comment

Working...
        X