X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems printing PDF

Hi!

I'm under Kubuntu 6.06 and I'm having big troubles printing any .pdf document on my HP 9800 printer. Most of the times the printing job stops right after a few lines of print (which means only the top of a page will be printed), and sometimes it just does'nt print anything all. I have tried many printing setups and printed from a file saved to disk, but it still does'nt work.

The printer works perfectly for all sorts of documents, but it seems to be a PDF-oriented issue. I'm wondering how can I possibly solve this problem.

Re: Problems printing PDF

How are you trying to print the PDF file? Are you clicking on the file in konqueror and then trying to print from kpdf? Are you right clicking on the file, then selecting another pdf viewer (Adobe Acroread, or xpdf) and then printing from the file viewer? I would try all methods (on a one page PDF) and see whether any of them work. I'd also try more than one file. A while back, there were some PDF files that were rendered improperly by kpdf, but were rendered correctly by xpdf. It turned out that kpdf was sticking more closely to the published spec than Adobe!

Don't blame the printer. According to LinuxPrinting.org the deskjet 9800 handles linux perfectly with the HPLIP package that is installed with (K)Ubuntu.

Comment

Working...
    X