This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jstest for Saitek P880 Joypad?

When I plugged in the joypad, Kubuntu immediately recognised it, and I managed to go into the System Settings --> Joystick and test all the buttons on my joypad, I was chuffed.

I've got CMR2 installed with Cedega, and I tried to go straight in and play the game, in the menus of the game the up and down of the digital directional button worked, as soon as I got IN the game and tried to move the car, I found that most of the buttons I had configured worked, but I couldn't steer the car with digital or analogue stick.

In Cedega I went into the menu where it says "joysticks" and it said something about name and position of axis, Simon googled and found that this could be determined by jstest.

I get jstest from synaptic (adept didn't find it) and install it, open a terminal and type jstest and I get some blurb:

[img width=400 height=115]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/Beowulf1976/UKRAC2/img1.jpg[/img]

So now I am completely lost and have NO IDEA what I can do next

I don&#39;t have a brain, I have a nucleus, basic functions are a doddle, yet ask me a question and I&#39;m dead.<br /><br />Tamed Nature

Re: jstest for Saitek P880 Joypad?

I forgot to add that the joypad works PERFECTLY (ALL BUTTONS ETC) with the System Settings Joystick option, and I calibrated it as best I could in there, considering i didn't know what the different axis were etc. (trial and error and constantly cancelling and starting again til I got the right ones)
    I don&#39;t have a brain, I have a nucleus, basic functions are a doddle, yet ask me a question and I&#39;m dead.<br /><br />Tamed Nature

Comment

Re: jstest for Saitek P880 Joypad?

Hmmm, not sure about the hardware issue. What I'd like to know, is how you like Cedega? I remember using wine-x in the past we so-so results. Is Cedega worth the money? I'll research your joystick problem. I myself have a Logitech 2.4 Freedom and haven't tried it out yet, although the joystick test went well.

Will

Comment

Working...
      X