This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display Module won't load in system settings

My problem is this: I used to have Kubuntu 6.6 on my computer working perfectly, but I wiped it off, installed Ubuntu, then I wanted to revert back to Kubuntu. I Installed Kubuntu 6.06.1 LTS and when I strated up my computer the Display Module in System settings didn't load, it gave me an error message instead. Afterwards I tried reformatting, repartitioning, but no result.

The error message talks about old setting modules (or something like that, it's in Hungarian) that prevent the new one from running.

Then I created a separate partition on my Windows computer to give it a try (that computer never had any kind of Linux on it), I installed Kubuntu 6.06 (the older one) and I got the same problem with the Display Module. I did not install any updates.

Can you help me?

Re: Display Module won't load in system settings

Maybe you should try to upgrade all the system and kde to 3.5.4.

Cheers

Comment

Well, in Adept Updater or in Adept I can't see any possible updates. Everything is marked either as installed or not installed. Is there a special repository I should add?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay I was out for holidays... So for the upgrade, yes you should find all information about this on this page : http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-354.php

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X