X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webcam Creative Live! Cam Vista IM

Hi,

I'm trying to install a Creative Live! Cam Vista IM. In Creative I've not found any help for Linux users

Looking at Google I've noticed that installing a webcam in Linux can be something difficult in some cases. I've tried different options (some drivers, easycam) but it doesn't work.

With lsusb my computer detects the cam, but not with dmesg. Moreover, I don't have any idea about which is the right driver for my cam.

Well, the thing is that now I have not any idea about what could I do. Could anyone help me.

Thanx i advance :-)

Re: Webcam Creative Live! Cam Vista IM

If you look at this Ubuntu Community help page, you will find instructions for installing a webcam with EasyCam. There are several Creative cameras supported.

Comment

Re: Webcam Creative Live! Cam Vista IM

Hi, thanks for your help.

I had tried eayscam before my post. With Easycam1 my cam doesn't work (it's not supported) and I can't install Easycam2 because I get an error message.

I've tried too to install manually the latest spa5xxx (following some Ubuntu Documentation) and finally it seems that the driver is loaded in my system.

Unfortunately, my cam doesn't work. It doesn't appear in the list of supported cams (according to the codes that i've got from lsusb). So I think I should have to wait until my cam will be added (well, I hope it will be ;-)

And, of course, if somebody knows any other way, please let me know.

Regards

Comment

Working...
      X