X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install Canon PIXMA IP2200

Hi,

I have a Canon Pixma IP2200 printer. I installed the RPM drivers (after converting tot .deb) bunt the driver doesn't work. Can sombody help me to install this printer?

Thanks

Re: install Canon PIXMA IP2200

Go to the system settings menu. Click the printer icon. In the next window, click add and then add printer/class. Click next. In the next window choose local printer (first option). In the next window, choose its connection (probably usb). In the next screen, you choose your driver. There should be an option to use your own driver. I think after that you can print a test page. After that, you finish installing the printer by choosing a name, choosing who can and can't use the printer, etc. If it worked, your printer should show up in the printer menu you started from. (I can't verify some of these steps because my printer is not connected to my computer. But the steps should work.)

john

Comment

What RPM drivers? I have an iP4000, and the only RPM drivers I could find were japanese one's for the 3100, 4100 and one other printer (not the 2200). I tried the 4100 driver, but it's barely functional.

Comment

The RPM drivers on the Canon site (Europe). But they don't work!!

Comment

Have you seen this

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...n-PIXMA_iP2200

john

Comment

I really do not like to suggest using non-free, closed-source software, but with many Canon printers the best option, cheaper than buying a new printer, is to go to http://www.turboprint.de/english.html and at least try an evaluation version.

I have purchased it since I do need to print CDs on an IP3000, and do not want to use Windoze again, ever.

It is possible to get the information from Canon to be able to write a driver, but you have to sign an obnoxious NDA that prevents you from releasing what you write, under the GPL for example, as source code.

If people keep complaining to Canon, they may eventually decide to support Linux properly, as many of their competitors do. Meanwhile, you know what not to buy, if you have the choice.......

Comment

Working...
            X