Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error new version 6.60-prineter HP Laserjet 1022/scanner Epson Perfection 660

Hello,

I'm using Kubuntu Linux from version 5.10 and I was very satissfied with this file system, everything was working and system was really easy to manage. WIthout any issueas I have been using my printer and scanner, but in new version 6.06 they work no more. My printer is HP Laserjet 1022 and my scanner is Epson Perfection 660.

Scanner Epson Perfection 660 doesn't react. After I run Xsane, system finds the scanner (Epson scaner 1. snapscan:lib usb:003:002), but when I try to use the scenner, there is no response. I get error message that the device was not found.

The HP LaserJet 1022 printer was also working ok in 5.10. I tried tu run it throught KDE - SYSTEM DEVICE - PRINTER - I logged as root -ADD - Local printer USB. Sometimes the printer is identified as HP Laserjet 1022, sometetimes as hp_no_device found. The printer is connected to the PC correctly. If the printer is identified, I get this message: "Unable to load reqest driver. Uneble to create the formatic driver HP -laser Jet_1022.hpijs. Either thet driver does not exist ,or you dont have the required permissionsto performthat operation.". The test page is not printed correctly.

Has someone the same issues with Kubuntu 6.06 system?

Thank you a lot for your respond.
    Miroslav Jurecka

Re: Error new version 6.60-prineter HP Laserjet 1022/scanner Epson Perfection 660

All I can say is that when I tried to install a driver for my canon i550, I had three choices. The first choice seemed to work - it printed a test page, but when I finished installing the driver, the printer didn't show up anywhere. The second driver I tried to install gave me an error similar to yours. The third driver I tried worked. Maybe you have a driver problem? Check

www.linuxprinting.org

to find appropriate drivers. This may help.

john

P.S. As far the scanner goes, I have an epson 1660 but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Re: Error new version 6.60-prineter HP Laserjet 1022/scanner Epson Perfection 66

There is a known bug in (K)Ubuntu Dapper that occurs for some people on an upgrade.

Try running:
      Code:
      sudo foomatic-cleanupdrivers
      in a konsole. Then go back and try to install the printer. It should show up in the database.

For more info on the bug, go to: launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu and look at bug # 42965.

Comment

Working...
      X